Thursday 24 October 2013

Always An Adventure

happy thursday! i hope the week has been good for you so far. i had a productive weekend last week and i manage to come up with 2 layouts! it's quite an achievement for me as i am usually a very very slow scrapper. i only scrap at night after ethan falls asleep, which is about 11pm! hence, i have very limited time a day, it doesn't help that i can take a long time to decide the placements of my papers and embellishment. i need to learn how to scrap faster so that more can be done! here's the first layout i made with some elle's studio goodies i got from my local 
scrapbook store. 


i love this cheerful yellow background and i would like to use it as my background.  to tone down the yellow, i added some white acrylic paint and started spreading it with my brush and used the glitz giant roller in an attempt to create some texture. next, i used the studio calico noah outline stamp to add more design and interest to the background. I have some butterfly silhouette diecuts from my previous project around so I used them to create a strip down the page and it works as a base for me to layer the tags, tidbits and embellishments. I also layered tissue paper, patterned paper, vellum and doilies under the this black and white photo of ethan. i decided to use a black and white photo here so that it will stand out in this colorful layout.

here are some details of this layout...




Products

paper: elle's studio ("cameron", "penelope"), dear lizzy ("neapolitan")
tags/tidbits: elle's studio ("cameron")
white card stock: american crafts
button: october afternoon ("midway")
stickers: crate paper ("the pier")
brads: october afternoon ("midway")
wood veneer: studio calico
wooden peg: pebbles
enamel dots: my mind's eye
stamps: studio calico noah outline stamp, glitz designs arrow roller stamp
others: vellum, doily, wooden peg, gold foil heart sticker, sequins, ribbon, yellow star sticker, yellow label

thanks for looking!

2 comments: